LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Professional Development Suite

I want to totally remove all traces of the Professional Development System from my PC.  There is nothing shown in the "Programs and Features", so Ii need to do some kind of brute force method of removal.  Can someone provide a step-by-step guide that I can follow?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,123 Views)

@hartzde wrote:

I want to totally remove all traces of the Professional Development System from my PC.  There is nothing shown in the "Programs and Features", so Ii need to do some kind of brute force method of removal.  Can someone provide a step-by-step guide that I can follow?

There should be a National Instruments Software in the Programs and Features.  You can uninstall NI products with that.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,120 Views)

hartzde wrote:

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,118 Views)

Hi hartz,

which traces are you talking about?

You may search for msiblast

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,113 Views)

By traces, I mean anything that will prevent a clean re-install.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,081 Views)

Hi hartz,

when you de-installed LabVIEW going the SystemProperties->Software->DeInstall route you should re-install it with no issues…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,051 Views)

GerdW said

"when you de-installed LabVIEW going the SystemProperties->Software->DeInstall route you should re-install it with no issues…"

I do not understand what you mean by "SystemProperties->Software->DeInstall"?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,028 Views)

I think he means "Control Panel" that you can access form the start menu and then select the option "Programs and Features".

That's the standard way to uninstall software properly in Windows.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,022 Views)

Oh, yeah, that was my first place to look.  However there is no NI software listed in my Programs and Features.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,019 Views)

Really?? When I go there I have a "National Instruments Software and when I select it a window pops-up with the list of all the NI Softwares.

I've never not seen this item 😮

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,014 Views)