LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Shadow from Silver Control

Solved!
Go to solution

Every Silver control has a slight shadow on the bottom and right hand sides. It seems so simple, but I cannot figure out how to remove JUST the shadow from any silver control. When I go to customize the control, the shadow is part of the frame. I like the frame - this is why i am trying to use the silver controls and not just the older options - but I need to get rid of the shadow. Any ideas?

And, just for the record, I appologize if this is a duplicate but i couldn't find anything similar that wasn't talking about the black shadow you get from a floating control.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,883 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author usrfrnly

Open the parts window and select the frame.  Right click and copy to clipboard.  Paste it into an editor (Gimp, etc).  Remove the shadow.  Make sure to add an alpha channel, otherwise you’ll have a white border where the shadow once existed.  Copy the image back to the clipboard.  Save the image to a PNG file, preserving the alpha channel.  In Labview, Right click the frame again and click “Import from Clipboard File at same size”.

Edit: importing from clipboard doesn't save the alpha channel. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 2 of 6
(4,870 Views)
I found some related posts and there are suggestions to look :
http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Display-text-or-number-without-the-indicator-border/m-p/404015?query...
http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Hide-border-of-a-string-indicator/td-p/874428

- I believe drop shadow was one of the intended feature of silver control so you can try patching up with ideas in above posts.
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,866 Views)

Here's an example.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,860 Views)

I was afraid that was the only answer. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,856 Views)

and, just in case anyone else finds themselves in this pickle, RESIZE THE CONTROL FIRST. the control starts to look funny pretty quickly if resized.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,836 Views)