From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide border of a string indicator

Solved!
Go to solution

Does anyone know how? I tried to set T mode for the both the foreground and background and clicking on it, but I still have a border.

I forgot how to do this.

Thanks

Dustin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(12,921 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author drogne

Dustin,

It can be done, but it takes some effort.

Often an easier approach is to start with a Classic style indicator.  The borders are not shaded and are much easier to color.

Lynn 

Message 2 of 22
(12,919 Views)

Hi Dustin,

There is another discussion forum that talked about this too.  You can get some tips there to help you.

Best Regards,

Bryan H.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(12,890 Views)

Bryan I did see that post, but I did not get any results, following the posted instructions. I did get it to work as johnsold suggested, and that is probably how I have done it in the past. I think this feature is not very straight forward in newer version of Labview for some reason or I am missing something.

Thanks for your guys help.

-Dustin

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(12,879 Views)

I do this all the time.

There are two components you have to re-paint.

The BACKGROUND - click anywhere within the boarder with a transparent paintbrush.

The BORDER ITSELF - RIGHT-CLICK with the paint tool and you get the color palette. Hit the SPACE bar until both sections are the same color, then click on TRANSPARENT.

You have to do the palette trick every time.

I prefer BOLD for text within these, but that's your call. 

HINT:  Make one of these, save it in a VI called MY HANDY STUFF, then copy it the next time you need it.

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

Message 5 of 22
(12,869 Views)

I'd like to do this with property nodes. I found properties for text and text background. When I set the text background to transparent, there's still a visible border for the indicator. Where is the property for the border color?

Thanks,

Jeffrey Bledsoe
Electrical Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(9,262 Views)

Which style of string indicator are you using?  Modern?  If you use classic, you can paint the background and border all transparent.

Message 7 of 22
(9,259 Views)

If you install the System Controls 2.0 then it comes with a transparent string control, among other great controls like system array, system cluster, system charts and graphs, etc.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(9,238 Views)

Then bezels on classic controls can only be colored manually with the paintbrush tool.  There is no way to change the color programmatically; the property is simply not exposed.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(9,223 Views)

@paul_cardinale wrote:

Then bezels on classic controls can only be colored manually with the paintbrush tool.  There is no way to change the color programmatically; the property is simply not exposed.

This is probably my best option. There are no scenarios where I want a visible border/bezel.

I'll try it and get back with you.

Jeffrey Bledsoe
Electrical Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(9,216 Views)