cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote front panel using myRIO

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all

I want to remotely monitor and control an executable on my myRIO RT target via a web browser in another system. I followed the same procedure as mentioned in this KB (which worked on cRIO). But when I build the executable, I am not able to find an .ini file or a .config (please see the build preview, .ini and .config files are not generated too) file to check the settings like a cRIO target. I tried to open the page in a brower, it says that it cannot open the document. What could possibly be the reason? And should I use web services for achieving the same in myRIO (which uses lv classes)?  Thanks in advance.

Regards

Arya

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,203 Views)

That KB doesn't mention anything about a cRIO.  It looks like it was only for Windows applications.

You should be using the WebServices to make a web application for your myRIO.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,198 Views)

Hi crossrulz

Thank you for the answer. I meant that I tried the same procedure on cRIO and it worked, there were .ini files and .config files which I had to edit before viewing the VI front panel on the browser. The same is not happening in myRIO. Is it because cRIO uses vxWorks and myRIO RT Linux? And could you please tell me what is the basic difference between using a web service and a web publishing tool? I could not find it in the online resources.

Regards

Arya

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,184 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author arya1

Hi arya1

please try this one with the LINUX based Path:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AB6C6841486E84EA862576C8005A0C26

it works with my myRIO Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
(4,014 Views)

Hi Daniel

Thanks for the link.. I kept on repeating the usual way and hit success once in a while.. I checked your link and tried this one with the new folder path for the web page, its working all the time without fail.. Thanks!! 😄

Regards

Arya

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,994 Views)