LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote data base with ms access

hi,

i want to insert a data in to a remote data base using ms access. i have a ftp server.

can you help me how to do this.?

Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,585 Views)

can anyone help me on this topic?

Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,575 Views)

data base i used ms access data base,

to insert the data using database toolkit.

like a local machine we can create a data base using ms access and using database toolkit we can able to insert the data. so, using the same method from local machine ,example i have a server ip in that  a database like http://192.168.1.22/database.mdb,

how to insert the data on above server address? 

Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,574 Views)

Hi Balaji,,,i need help ,,now i have done MS ACCESS in local pc using OLE DB or ODBC...but i cant interface remote PC MS ACCESS..pls if you know can u tell me how can access it...thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,535 Views)

When you say "Remote" I believe the MS Acess database file is present on a computer connected through Ethernet Network. If this is the case, then configure the ODBC to point to the Database File present on the Remote Computer.

Then you could run the same queries use for INSERT INTO Database.

Do refer to the Database Connectivity Toolkit User Manual.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,533 Views)

Thanks for replay.....that things...i dont have idea..in local pc i know how to create dsn but for remote pc i dont have idea???...in odbc  how can create DSN for remote pc(its connected on Ethernet)...that steps ,i need to know? ...pls

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,529 Views)

Refer Attached PNG

Click on the "Network" button while selecting the http://192.168.1.22/database.mdb, file.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,526 Views)

Thanks to replay me,,,,if this way i have to connect means,that MSACCES should be shared with network....so user can easily (directly see or edit ) the Ms access database.....is it correct?...i did it like that before...but i am expecting to do it without share folder or share file....

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,503 Views)

If security is the concern, then would suggest use appropriate user name and password for your Data Source Configuration. Refer Attached screen click on the "Advance" button to set the user name and password later to be used with the Database Open Connection VI.

Not any other method which i have come across, I leave it to the board to suggest if available.

Message 9 of 10
(2,498 Views)

Thanks for all suggedtion.....i actually didt get what i expect...but you are very supportive to my query.....

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,495 Views)