From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote System Discovery Wizard conflicts with with what I can see in software tab in MAX

I'm struggling to get LabVIEW to connect my cRIO so that I can program with its channels. I have been getting the conflict message "Falled to connect to the target" every time I try connecting my cRIO from the Project Explorer window.

Some google searches told me to try the Remote System Discovery wizard which told me that I don't have the Real-Time module installed, but when I look under the software section of My System in NI MAX it tells me that I do in fact have the Real-Time Module. I also saw another suggestion to look for the stopwatch icon upon opening LabVIEW which also indicates that the Real-Time module is installed, and sure enough it was there.

I'm new to LabVIEW, so bear with me here!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(750 Views)

Did you install the NI-RIO drivers?

Do you see NI-RIO when you look under software in MAX?    (Mine says NI-RIO 20.0)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(694 Views)

Yep, I have the drivers, and I made sure to install everything in the proper order as NI says in the Getting Started Guide.

I'm still at a loss here. Spent the past few days working on my code because I was getting frustrated with the the cRIO

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(645 Views)