LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote System Discovery Wizard conflicts with with what I can see in software tab in MAX

I'm struggling to get LabVIEW to connect my cRIO so that I can program with its channels. I have been getting the conflict message "Falled to connect to the target" every time I try connecting my cRIO from the Project Explorer window.

Some google searches told me to try the Remote System Discovery wizard which told me that I don't have the Real-Time module installed, but when I look under the software section of My System in NI MAX it tells me that I do in fact have the Real-Time Module. I also saw another suggestion to look for the stopwatch icon upon opening LabVIEW which also indicates that the Real-Time module is installed, and sure enough it was there.

I'm new to LabVIEW, so bear with me here!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(752 Views)

Did you install the NI-RIO drivers?

Do you see NI-RIO when you look under software in MAX?    (Mine says NI-RIO 20.0)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(696 Views)

Yep, I have the drivers, and I made sure to install everything in the proper order as NI says in the Getting Started Guide.

I'm still at a loss here. Spent the past few days working on my code because I was getting frustrated with the the cRIO

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(647 Views)