From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Panels

My goal is to use the web server on computer A and remote panel viewing and control on computer B, and viewing on computer C (and later D, E, F).

Computer A has LabVIEW 2012 installed on a windows 7 64 bit laptop computer which has symantec endpoint protection (controlled by domain) and symantec encryption desktop (Required by Gov for laptops).

The wireless network is disabled.  The wired (RJ45) network is connected to the domain.  The network advanced settings looks for the domain network first.

The Enable Remote Panel Server box is checked.  The root directory goes to the 32bit directory.

HTTP port 8000

Remote front panels checked

Snapshot checked

Visible VIs one checkmark * Allow access selected

Browser Access

one check * monitoring

2 checks for computer B and C to allow viewing and controlling.

Under Shared LabVIEW Run-Time Browser Plugins Internet Explorer - LV2012ActiveXControl.dll 155 KB

Under x86 Internet Explorer Plugins - LV2012ActiveXControl.dll

Part of web page

<OBJECT ID="LabVIEWControl" CLASSID="CLSID:A40B0AD4-B50E-4E58-8A1D-8544233807B4" WIDTH=1401 HEIGHT=894 CODEBASE="ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/labview/runtime/windows/2012/LVRTE2012min.exe">
<PARAM name="LVFPPVINAME" value="PPA-4CM-AFHver3.vi">
<PARAM name="REQCTRL" value=false>
<EMBED src=".LV_FrontPanelProtocol.rpvi120" LVFPPVINAME="PPA-4CM-AFHver3.vi" REQCTRL=false TYPE="application/x-labviewrpvi120" WIDTH=1401 HEIGHT=894 PLUGINSPAGE="http://digital.ni.com/express.nsf/bycode/exck2m">

The IE remote panel works on the local computer A.

Computer B has LabVIEW 2012 installed with same OS as computer A, Symantec Endpoint but no Encryption.

A webpage was created and the remote panel server was turned on with no restrictions.

Under Shared LabVIEW Run-Time Browser Plugins Internet Explorer - LV2012ActiveXControl.dll 155 KB

Under x86 Internet Explorer Plugins - LV2012ActiveXControl.dll

Computer B is unable to connect to computer A with IE and firefox

This page can't be displayed (IE)

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at computer name.domain

Computer B does connect  to Computer A vi through LabVIEW menu operate, connect to remote panel

Computer C has the same OS as computer A and B, Symantec Endpoint but no Encryption.

I was able to connect with remote panels to Computer B from Computer C which has IE and LVRTE2012

Computer C is unable to connect to computer A

"This page can't be displayed" (IE)

I disabled the endpoint firewall on computer A and computer B but IE did not work.

I pinged computer A with computer B.  This worked.

I pinged computer B with computer A.  This worked.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,129 Views)

Hello!

Just to make sure, did you already check the configuration on LabVIEW related with VI server? You can access to it at tools, options. On the attachments you can see a screenshot of it. Make sure that Machine Access, Exported VIs have this * sign, this is to allow free traffic. And set the port that you want to use.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,068 Views)

Thank you.  However, The changes did not effect the result in IE (This page can't be displayed) on computer B.  The LabVIEW 2012 Operate, Connect to Remote Panel (with Server address, VI name, and Port) does work on computer B.  IE does work on computer A.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,054 Views)

Have you tried using the examples from the example finder to communicate between two computers to see if the issue is related to LabVIEW or for other configurations?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,003 Views)