LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Panel password

Hello,

I'm running an experiment with LabVIEW 8.0 that I want to acces and control remotely if need be. I start my experiment in the lab, and then watch and control it from home. I've done this using remote panels in the LabVIEW web server and it works fine. I would like to put a username and password prompt whenever I try to access the remote panel, but haven't found a good way to do this. I tried the steps found here but it doesnt work - no password prompt occurs. Am I missing something? Any thoughts as to what could be wrong? Thanks,

jp

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,675 Views)
Hi, jp.

There are several options available in this KnowledgeBase. If you have any problems with that, let me know.

Have a nice afternoon!
Sarah K.
Search PME
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,646 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the link. I'd like to use option number 4 (which I think is what I was trying to do before in the link I provided), but can't find any detailed information on that (the other options don't provide the versatility I need). Any info on that would be appreciated. Thanks!

jp

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,638 Views)
Hi, jp.

Great question! There's another KnowledgeBase (KB) that discusses that, and you can find it here. However, it should definitely be linked from the KB I posted yesterday, so I'll fix that up and add it to the first KB.

And incidentally, it's worth noting that if you have LabVIEW 8.x and the Internet Toolkit 6.0, you'll need to add a patch. You can find a link to it here. (If you're using the toolkit with LabVIEW 8.x already, you have probably already done this.)

Good luck! Let me know if you have any more questions on this.
Sarah K.
Search PME
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,622 Views)

It works! Thanks. Not having the patch was my problem....

jp

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,603 Views)