LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Login to a computer over internet using LabVIEW

I am working on a project to develop an interactive online lab (ilab) based on the Interactive Shared Architecture (ISA). My project involves the use of a solar simulator model #SS80AAA. The solar simulator runs using a customised executable VI hosted on an embedded computer in the simulator developed by Photo Emissions Tech. In my project, I need to be able to access this VI remotely but the PET company refused to give us their source code so we could add a data socket. Accessing this VI via remote login software like Team Viewer works fine but I would like the whole lab user interface to be in a labview VI without the need for third party software like Team Viewer. Just asking if anyone knows of how I can do remote login to another computer over the internet using labview just like with Team Viewer. Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,738 Views)

Hi Denis,

do you know how TeamViewer works?

They use software on both ends of the connection and they use a 3rd computer in between. That 3rd acts as a server with a known internet address to be able to contact two computers with "unknown" IP numbers. You may find some more details at Wikipedia!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,724 Views)
Thanks GerdW, that seems like a generic solution i.e. something I would need if I had many computers to control. this is just a one time I PC to another PC login solution. Using data sockets, it's possible to access another PC and even open a program resident on that PC. However, that program doesn't open within labVIEW. I want to be able to view this program panel on the controller PC. Using remote panels was a valid option but like I said, I don't have the source code for the VI I want to access so a remote login solution should be a good try.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,711 Views)

Just for clarification, are you wanting to display a remote desktop window within your LabVIEW application, or were you wanting to interface directly with a remote LabVIEW program using a LabVIEW program on your local machine?

--------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,628 Views)