LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstalling an Instrument Driver for one VI?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey everyone,

Earlier on in a project I configured a VI within one of my instrument drivers and saved it, now I'm looking to get it back to the starting point it was at. I've tried reinstalling the instrument driver and it never actually configures any of the files. Any advice on how to go about this?

Thanks,

Anthony

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,985 Views)

Instead of an Install, can you treat it as a Repair?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,983 Views)

I tried but I couldn't find a function for that. Is that located in an option somewhere while installing instrument drivers?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,978 Views)

What instrument are you trying to use?  Most of the LabVIEW "drivers" I have seen are just zip files that you unzip to the correct location.  Perhaps there is one of those floating around for your instrument.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,959 Views)

I'm trying to us the read measurements VI under the chr616xx instrument drivers for a Chroma 61604.

I guess a more advanced solution to this would be asking why a call library function is only working for a Vrms value and not Vdc or Frequency after I deleted the library nodes for the unused variables (that may be a really stupid thing to do, I'm not honestly sure).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,957 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AnthonyMN

@AnthonyMN wrote:

I tried but I couldn't find a function for that. Is that located in an option somewhere while installing instrument drivers?

Does the Installation show up under the Add/Remove Programs withing Windows Control Panel?  I believe that is where you can do a repair.

What if you uninstall from there and then reinstall the drivers?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,944 Views)

Repair did not work from the control panel, but uninstalling from there allowed me to reinstall it.

Also it's worth noting that I do not have to rebuild the program because of the installation either, so that's a nice perk!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,924 Views)