From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registering DAQmx event to event structure not firing

Solved!
Go to solution

I have created my DAQmx task for change detection on a digital IO channel (PXIe-1062Q; PXI-6527). In my VI i have registered the event in the same manner as the "DAQmx Create Event.vi". This event is needed only to capture a button press to start a test sequence. My the program compiles and runs but the event never fires.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,627 Views)

Good morning,

Here is some documentation to help you in your use of the event structure in LabVIEW. http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3331/en/

You should not have to wire the event into the event structure. 

Could I see what other events you have in your event structure?

Angie Cisneros

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,551 Views)

Is your task running and acquiring data from digital line while you are waiting for this event?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,546 Views)

a.cisneros, attached is a snip of the other events in the structure. They are all mouse down events on front panel buttons.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,543 Views)

I have tried inserting a "DAQmx Start Task.vi" in between the task name and the reg events and that made no difference.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,541 Views)

Yes that was it. My big stoppage was inserting the "DAQmx Start Task.vi" before the Reg Events. Like a charm now!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,516 Views)