LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refnum Not Available For RT

I am attempting to get a refnum to the Owning VI from an XYGraph refnum.  The catch is that I am running as a standalone exe (in debug mode) and the refnum that is passed into the property node to obtain the Owning VI is shown as "Refnum Not Available For RT."  The Owning VI refnum returned is invalid and when I pass it to the FP.Close I get an error.  What can I do to overcome this?

2009-09-17_154747.png

Thanks,

Joel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(4,501 Views)

Hi Snood1,

What is happening before the property node?  You may be using a feature unsupported in RT.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(4,480 Views)
Or is it because you are closing the reference to the graph before you actually use the owning VI reference that you got from it?  Try to not close the graph reference until after the FP.Close method.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(4,460 Views)
I tried moving the "Close Ref" so that it is after the "FP.Close" but I still get the same error.  I think it has something to do with running as as exe.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(4,440 Views)

Kyle- you asked to see what was before.  Here goes:

I have a "Initialize Graph" VI that I call - that's where I first obtain the reference to the XYGraph.

2009-09-21_130922.png

Then I call a VI to write XY data to the graph.  This one works when I'm running as an exe, despite the graph ref showing "Refnum Not Available for RT" when I place a probe on the ref.

2009-09-21_130815.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(4,437 Views)
As far as I know static references do not work in RT. Is your app running in RT or windows?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(4,436 Views)

Rob,

I'm running in Windows.  I was afraid that this might be the case regarding static references not working in RT.  (Is saying "RT" the same as saying "exe?")   If this is true, I'm not sure what I would need to do to get the functionality I need when running as an exe.

-Joel

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(4,431 Views)

"RT" is Real-Time as in a Real-Time Target like a PXI FP cRIO etc.

If you are getting this running under Windows, they isue may have to do with the setting for the VI when it was built. Check to see if the FP is included.

If this is RT (really Real Time) I am suprised so many of the property nodes even work. All of the RT apps run with any FPs so this would be news to me.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(4,425 Views)

RT is the Real Time Operating System (Phar Lap, VXworks, Etc) That run on the Hardware systems like PXI or fieldPoint. It should work in the windows environment.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(4,424 Views)
I am just running a Windows exe in debug mode.  (Where you connect to the exe remotely from the LabVIEW project window in order to control the exe.)  I have an update about the behavior and was hoping maybe someone could confirm my findings.  Apparently I get the 1026 error when I'm controlling the exe remotely but not when I run the exe directly.  So the exe behaves correctly when it's not being debugged/controlled remotely.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(4,397 Views)