LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover corrupted LLB file

When I tried to copy a vi into a LLB through network, my *.llb is corrupted. Thrying to open it, Labview says
that it cannot list the llb-content.
Is there any way to repair my llb or to extract the vi-files out of it.
Thanks for any help

I searched solution, it said can get back from temp directory, may I know where is the temp directory? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,912 Views)
The LLB file is
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,903 Views)
Suggestion 1: Don't use LLBs. You just found out why. LLBs are a left-over from when Windows could only handle 8.3 names.

Your temp directory is specified through your LabVIEW options. From within LabVIEW select Tools->Options, and look at the "Paths" tab. The temp directory is usually "C:\Documents and Settings\youruserid\Local Settings\Temp". Note that if you rebooted the machine it's likely you won't find the temp file.

Suggestion 2: Send the file to NI. They can sometimes recover corrupted LLBs.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,886 Views)
turbot,

I ran the "llb decorruptor" on your llb and unfortunately it wasn't able to recover any files from your llb.  This sometimes happens when the corruption in the llb is in a particularly bad spot in the file.  I would reccommend using a backup of this llb file if you have one somewhere.

Regards,
Justin D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,871 Views)

smercurio_fc wrote:
Suggestion 1: Don't use LLBs. You just found out why. LLBs are a left-over from when Windows could only handle 8.3 names.

Your temp directory is specified through your LabVIEW options. From within LabVIEW select Tools->Options, and look at the "Paths" tab. The temp directory is usually "C:\Documents and Settings\youruserid\Local Settings\Temp". Note that if you rebooted the machine it's likely you won't find the temp file.

Suggestion 2: Send the file to NI. They can sometimes recover corrupted LLBs.

(emphasis mine)  I just corrupted an LLB as "user x" then rebooted, looked up this page, went to my temp directory and found an uncorrupted version of my LLB.  It was uncorrupted because I had recently used it as "user y".

I then copied the uncorrupted file to every disk drive within reach and vowed never to go so long between backups again.

Thanks for the tip! 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,640 Views)