LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording data and averaging before printing to a file

Sorry for another noob question. I am running a program through a Agilent box that reads thermocouples and heat flux sensors for an experiment I am running. The program works fine and can write data to a file but here is what I need:

I want to take data in intervals of 5 minutes, and each 5 min. interval make 5 quick readings of all sensors a millisecond apart, average each and record that to a data file readable in excel.

So basically Every 5 minutes --> 5 readings of all sensors 1 millisecond apart --> average those 5 readings --> Record the average for each sensor in a data file.

I hope I made that clear enough. I am attaching my program. I didn't completely make it from scratch. I used the program from another experiment in our lab and amended it as I knew how. I apologize for the messiness as well. If you would like to make the changes on the program and just bring my attention to what was changed that would be awesome. Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,173 Views)
Forgot to mention I am running LabVIEW 8.5.1 Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,172 Views)
Hi Dwehma01,

Without going in to the merits of writing clean, modular code I will address the 5 minute time requirement. One quick and dirty way could be to implement a 5 minute wait (300 seconds) using the Time Delay Express VI. You can place it after the Write to Measurement File VI. I have used the block diagram cleanup tool from LabVIEW 8.6 to clean up your block diagram so you can see what I am referring to.
Joshua B.
National Instruments
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,145 Views)