LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reccomended Temperature-Humidity Sensor

I am looking for Humidity-Temperature Sensor which will be used with LabVIEW through  NI-PXI 6220.

I do not need the high solution sensor (+/-0.5C), but an easy to use as I am new with LabVIEW. To control the temperature and humidity of a chamber by measuring current data and turn ON/OFF the heater/humidifier when needed.

Is there any example for me?

Your reccomendation is highly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(11,420 Views)

For temperature i like to use this company...http://www.thermistor.com/productsDirecTemp.html I have found that there products work very well and they come with LabVIEW drivers.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(11,415 Views)

Thank you Joe,

Do you have any reccomendation for humidity sensor and coding example?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(11,400 Views)

Omega has some humidity sensors which also report temperatures.  I have used their humidity-only sensors which produce a 0-5 V output for 0-100% relative humidity.  They have a variety of other types as well.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(11,394 Views)

Another company you could try is measurement computing. We use there stuff alot also.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(11,386 Views)

I have used Edgtech Dew Point Hygrometers for my work at NIOSH (National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health).

They will spit out the current temp and humidity via a serial port that can be easily sucked into a LV app.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(11,384 Views)

I've used Precon Temperature Humidity Sensors.  They have an analog and a serial model.

www.preconusa.com

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(11,374 Views)

We have a few of these. You can talk to it through ethiernet. I had to reverse engineer the LabVIEW code

http://www.newportus.com/ppt/ITHX.html

They calibrate nicely and they have thier own web server.

See the attaced code that talks to the sensor to get the temp humidity and dewpoint. I was going to do more but who has time to do everything. (my boss thinks I do)

Tim
GHSP
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(11,369 Views)

here is a Ben quote just for you Tim.

The problem with being able to do everything is, you are expected to!

Smiley Mad

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(11,365 Views)

Ben, Tim, Arvin, Joe and Lynn,

Thanks a lot

Van.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(11,346 Views)