cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading data off NI 9219 fails

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm having problem with my cRIO 9219. I have an anemometer (it measures the velocity of wind) that gives the output in 0.4-30 V DC where 1mV = 1 m/s. For the anemometer I have two outputs (plus and minus connections) that I connect to pins 4 and 5 on the module. I attached the VIs I use to read the data coming in. The problem is that the data on the chart is fluctuating from -0.5V to 0.5V which doesn't correspond to the actual reading of the anemometer. And I check the anemometer with voltmeter, too.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,390 Views)

Does your anemometer requires any power input to generate the output signal (corresponding to wind speed), if so, have you connected the ground of power supply (to anemometer) to the ground of DAQ card (measurement system)?

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,386 Views)

@moderator1983 wrote:

Does your anemometer requires any power input to generate the output signal (corresponding to wind speed), if so, have you connected the ground of power supply (to anemometer) to the ground of DAQ card (measurement system)?

I have a 9V battery as a power supply as of now. I could change it so the controller (NI 9014) and the anemometer have the same power supply. Do you think that's what the problem is?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,379 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DanaSh

Try connecting negative terminal of your 9 Volt battery to the terminal # 6 of NI-9219 card (corresponding channel of NI-9219).

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

Message 4 of 4
(2,365 Views)