LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading a Large File for Processing

I have a very large file generated by a liquid chromatograph / mass spectrometer.  I would like to process this file with independent component analysis, among others.  However, the file is so large that I cannot access it via any direct read from vi.  I have seen a few options in the boards, but I was not able to implement these routines.  

I am uploading my file here (https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2jfd19Pbe4FNGExZjMyYWYtNmFlMi00ZGQ5LWEzMzYtMzU2ZDYxYWZjZDNl).  Perhaps someone can help me implement a routine to read this file so I can process it with the labview statistical tools and display the results.

Thanks in advance,

Soren

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,184 Views)

Hello,

I can't open your file at work.  Did you try reading it using the basic LabVIEW "read from text" or "read from binary" primitives?  You may have to just read a small portion at a time.

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,160 Views)

Most participants on the Forum do not like to open files hosted on third party servers.  In addition the link you posted has https in the URL marking it as a secure site.  Meaning that we cannot get to the file anyway.

1. How large is the file?  I have worked with some LC/MS instruments but never saw one which created a file too big to read.

2. What is the file format?

Can you make a small file with the same kinds of data, just a lot less of it?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,141 Views)

Do you know the format of the file?  If it is text, we can figure it out.  If it is binary, we need a format or we could spend enormous amounts of time trying to figure it out.

In either case, the solution is the same: read and process your file in chunks.  Do not try to open it all at once.

Look in the LabVIEW help or this tutorial for instructions and examples of how to deal with large data sets.  Good luck.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,129 Views)