From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read word document

Can anyone suggest how to read word document tables, pictures and text using Report generation toolkit?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,800 Views)

Hi Sahan,

I'm not sure you're going to have a great time trying to read values into LabVIEW from Word using the Report Generation Toolkit.

It appears to be fairly strongly biased towards writing Word documents, generating, etc.

The toolkit is based around the ActiveX reference to the Word application, so you might be able to look inside the RGT VIs and create your own tools to read documents, but I don't know if it will be easy/possible and I'm sure it won't be particularly pleasant.

Why do you need to do this? Perhaps there's another way...

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,761 Views)

Thank you for the information but can you suggest me any other methods for this?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,756 Views)

Sahan@123 wrote:

Thank you for the information but can you suggest me any other methods for this?

Well, I suppose I'd still want to know why you're doing this to better understand the problem, but a first guess might be - where did the data originally come from (before the Word document)?

Can you access the data sources for the tables, graphs etc?

How many files do you need to process? Can you export the data in a more readable form?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,752 Views)