LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read the LabVIEW help file

Forgive me if this is remarkably simple answer.

Id like to be able to read LabVIEW help file on my LapTOP which has no LV installed.

If I can do this from, here as in this forum can it be done?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,780 Views)

Available to download here

(I like the simple questions,  and other's may want the same info)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,778 Views)

Too bad the download is in .chm format!  Something cross-platform would be nice!

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,753 Views)

@johnsold wrote:

Too bad the download is in .chm format!  Something cross-platform would be nice!

Lynn

Lynn,

Zip a MAC version attach it here and tag the darn thing please.  You are correct a cross-platform help download would be nice

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 7
(2,746 Views)

The LabVIEW help is also online with the HTLM view.

LabVIEW 2013 Help

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,734 Views)

Jeff,

I will work on that.

What I really was after was the DAQmx VI help.  That gets installed when DAQmx is installed.  I have the VIs (copied from a Windows instrallation). They do not work of course because the core .dll is missing. But that process does not get the help files.

I did search and found that there are programs available on the Mac which can process .chm files.  I installed two and then downloaded the file you linked. That has the LV help. After some searching in the NI documents pages I found the DAQmx help and the DAQmx VIs help .chm files. Some links tend not to work, but this has given me access to the stuff I wanted.

For any other crazy Mac users who want to read help files on VIs you cannot run, I have tried CHM Reader, available through the Apple App Store, and iChm, which I found at https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/28171/ichm . CHM Reader seems to be a bit more robust with the NI files.

Thanks.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,722 Views)

The LabVIEW help is also online with the HTLM view.

LabVIEW 2013 Help

Thanks crossrulz!

Thats the one I thought was available.

Yeah the chm thing is a reap PITA when using win7 work PC with high security settings.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,692 Views)