From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read text file and plot XY graph

Hello, 

i have to plot the file attached on a XY graph. The first column contains the time axis of all channels. Each channel's amplitude is separated by each other with a tab delimiter and i don't know how to parse each column to represent it with a different colour on the graph.

Can someone help me? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(11,204 Views)

Hi,

try to use the attached file.

ANdrea

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(11,176 Views)

with "Read from measurement file" vi read the time axis in order of row. I try to explain...if the n-th row as a value of 300, this vi ignore 300 and set the time value to n, so doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(11,160 Views)

In the attachment there's the configuration of the  "Read from measurement file".vi and the results that I obtain reading your Example file.

I don't know why you say that it's not working.

ANdrea

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(11,150 Views)

this vi doesn't work because the "y" value is correct for every channel, but doesn't respect the real time progress.
Look at the first column of the .txt : the time value restart with every channel, so in your configuration each channel is time separeted and this behavior is wrong.
I've attached an easier explanation file. Column 2,3,4 contain the voltage value acquired by a sensor at time reported on column 1.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(11,138 Views)

Here is an example of what I think you are looking to do.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(11,132 Views)

This is a simple example. I would make sure that in your final code that you look for the rising and falling side of the data to get the time incriments. I just subtracted 2 to get what I needed. I would use the treshhold detector and find both sides of the data to ensure that all of the nubers are correct but this gives you an idea of what you need to do to plot this on an XY graph.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(11,127 Views)