LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read single row and multiple columns in excel sheet using text ring (property string).

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to use excel datasheet to feed data to the front panel text ring. Problem with the method I have applied is since the excel file has 3 columns, I have to select data from each column separately. What I am trying to achieve is 1) Selecting any data from one column should automatically pull the corresponding data from the same row. 2) This data should be Indicated on the front panel. 3) Data selected should also be recorded in the final report.

I have attached the code so far I have tried and excel file as an example.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,460 Views)

Oh, come on!  This is a LabVIEW Forum.  If you have LabVIEW code for which you want help, attach your LabVIEW Code.  Don't send us a Microsoft Word document (unless it is a multi-page treatise on all the things you tried, with diagrams, etc.).

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 9
(3,427 Views)

Sorry for my mistake. Here is the LabVIEW code I tried.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,422 Views)

LOL Bob "Triggered" Schor. Smiley Very Happy

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,414 Views)
Solution
Accepted by vinod.4166

use the row-defining enum "code" as a control and the other two column enums as indicators

drop-down-menue.png

Message 5 of 9
(3,400 Views)

Thank you so much. It works exactly the way I wanted.

Is there a way to access Excel sheet data in the VI without opening the excel file every time the program runs?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,395 Views)

@vinod.4166 wrote:

Is there a way to access Excel sheet data in the VI without opening the excel file every time the program runs?

You can set the window state of the Excel Application to "minimized" or "no change"

take a look at the "new report.vi" help

Message 7 of 9
(3,391 Views)

Thank you once again. My bad, I did not read before asking a stupid question.

Once again thank you for your kind help sir.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,386 Views)

@vinod.4166 wrote:

Setting the window to minimized prevents the window from flashing to the user but the Excel file is still opened every time the program runs.  

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 9 of 9
(3,377 Views)