LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read multi-image tiff

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello! I'm new in LabVIEW. Does anybody know how to read a multi-image tiff file? Right now with IMAQ vision, I can only read 1 tiff image.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 29
(5,243 Views)

Why don't you attach your code (no pictures of code, please) and a sample multi-image tiff for us to "chew on"?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 29
(5,176 Views)

I'm not too familiar with the TIF file format but I downloaded an example TIF file and it loaded in this example code I posted a while ago which uses a .Net Picture box.  The image is then exported back into the LabVIEW Image Data and displayed as a 2D Picture.  If this doesn't work with your image you should post it.  There are probably better solutions involving parsing the file which don't add the .Net dependency but this is the easiest solution.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/NET-picturebox-convert-to-LabView-image/m-p/3125944#M897890

Message 3 of 29
(5,161 Views)

Hello. My code is very easy. I just used the IMAQ create function. The problem is that it will only read 1 image of a tiff file. I need to read all the images in it.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 29
(5,149 Views)

Hi. Thanks for responding. I'm trying to understand your VI. I already posted a tiff image.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 29
(5,148 Views)

Oh I didn't realize TIF had multiple images embedded in it similar to what an ICO can have.  I know of no way to grab multiple images from the TIF in IMAQ, or the code I posted which it seems will just display the first image in the file.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 29
(5,137 Views)

Image Toolbox

http://webspace.webring.com/people/og/gtoolbox/

can do that.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 29
(5,130 Views)

Okay I just updated my Image Manipulation code which uses the .Net Picture Box.  It always supported ico and tif files but now there is an added control called Image Index which for these two file types is able to view for both the ico and tif file.  It at the moment displays this in a picture box, and exports it to LabVIEW data and displays it in a 2D picture indicator.  The Image Index control also coerces to the number of images in the file so if your file has two images in it, the control can only be 0 or 1.

Message 8 of 29
(5,126 Views)

Thanks. What does the image index do? Your code can read the number of images, I'll try to understand that part maybe I can do something about it so that I can view the other images.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 29
(5,109 Views)

@john1626 wrote:

Thanks. What does the image index do? Your code can read the number of images, I'll try to understand that part maybe I can do something about it so that I can view the other images.

It selects one of the included pictures.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 29
(5,107 Views)