LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read HTTP from cRIO rt controller

Hi.  I am currently trying to set up a DAQ that reads sensor values from a website.  The sensor instrumentation uploads data to a website using a web server and http protocol.  I try to different ways to read this website.  First, I opened a datasocket connection using the website as the url, and read string data from datasocket.  The second way was to simply use a HTTP Get VI to get the body code of the website.  Both ways worked on my Windows computer, but did not work when I tried to run this code on my target device (cRIO RT).  Is there some software that I am missing that will not let the cRIO device use a HTTP protocol?  I am currently running LabVIEW 2016 on a Windows 7 computer and LabVIEW 16.0 Real Time on the cRIO device.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,236 Views)

Is the cRIO on the same network?  That's the first thing I'd troubleshoot.  If it's connected directly to the PC, I'd expect it is on a different network than the PC is using to access the internet.  Can you plug the cRIO in through your router?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,209 Views)

The Windows 7 PC I am using, the cRIO RT target, and the sensor are all connected to the same network via Ethernet.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,190 Views)

I found a work around for this.  Use the IP address instead of the domain name of the sensor.  I also had to set up a IP reservation for the sensor on my network.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,157 Views)