From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-organising LVOOP classes on disk

I've recently started doing things with Project Libraries, and learned the hard way that a careless Windows Explorer Copy/Rename and then a Project Add Folder (Snapshot) can do all sorts of funky things to LabVIEW, none of which are very nice.  I spent part of a week contemplating removing/reinstalling LabVIEW (since my versions of 2012, 2013, and 2014 were all fouled up, yet 2011 was unscathed, all because I'd "messed up" while working with 2012) -- I actually built a VM with just 2012 installed and worked there for part of the week, then when I went to show a colleague the screwy behavior in my "main" copy of LabVIEW, the problem had fixed itself (not sure why or how, but I'm much more careful now ...).

BS

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(685 Views)

@Intaris wrote:

If I wanted the whole directry, then I would probable have been able to do this.

You can multi-select files in the Files view and the Move on Disk option is still available.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(656 Views)

Yes I know but selecting the class contents within the Project view and then switching to files view will automatically select all files actually contained within that class for moving (in the case where there may be many orphan files in the directory).  Currently the selection is not maintained when we switch between project view and files view.  It's not a world-shattering thing but it's not optimal either.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(651 Views)

@Intaris wrote:

So nobody else ever had this problem?  Really?

I always do it manually, sad as that is. What I've found is that as long as you move the class/library first, save all, and then move the files, you don't corrupt anything. If you try to move them all in one go you'll fail. That having been said there are a few useful VI's exposed in darren's hidden gems library so I thought I'd see if I could solve the problem. I made a realllllly ugly VI and uploaded it here, but I tried it out on the actor framework project and it seemed to work. 

Message 14 of 14
(649 Views)