From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT target communication problem

Hello,

I am using a PC configured as a RT target with LabView RT 8.6.

Specifically, the computer is:
   - motherboard - IMB-Q354 has integrated the Ehternet Chip (which I use to connect the Host PC) Intel 82573 that should be supported by the LabView RT 8.6 according the documents
   - processor - Intel Core Duo E7500

Before I programmed my software, I had check me hw configuration with the utility during install RT operating system and everthing lookked well.

The RT target and Host computer ware connected over the ethernet swtich.

The main job of my sw is acquiring data on RT target and sending them over Ehernet to Host computer (Dell Notebook GbEthernet LAN card).

I programmed my sw in the debug mode and everthing worked properly. 

Then I have compiled the release version of my sw and installed it on the RT target and connected the RT target and Host directly (through crossover cable). From this time, the sw didn't send date to host in regular way. If the sw start sending the data (Network variable) all communication stop and thus the data were dalayed for example 3-10 seconds. Then everything worked usually well till the time when the Network variable is not used. It looks that the Network variable goes sleep for the time when it is not used. On the other hand, the other network variable works properly.

A very intersting think is that I have never observed during the debug mode.

Can you get a tip what should be a problem? Should I reinstall the RT target.
Could be a problem with driver?

I have tried to run my sw on other PC a It worked.

I understand that this problem is so complicated to solve. I think that to discribe this problem is difficult but

I would like to thank anybody who can help me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,495 Views)

Hello zial,

Do you see/get any error message if you connect a screen to the RT Desktop?

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,478 Views)

Hello ThiCop,

I have connected a screen to the RT target but I don't see any error message.

Best Regards,

]

Ales Zikmund 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,471 Views)

Hi,

You can check the CPU usage and values of the variables over the network with NI Distributed System manager from the host computer (Monitoring CPUWhy I cannot see CPU Usage?

Furthermore, you should enable the real-time FIFO on variables whioch are used in deterministic loops. Otherwise they can block your loop. (Benchmarking Real-Time HW -> Real-Time FIFOs)

I hope this can help you.

Regards,

Peter Vago
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,454 Views)

Is everything fine in the RT target. How much is the CPU usage and all. Are you running your code in RT or the .exe?

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,449 Views)

Hello,

Are both variables in the same library?

How are you deploying these libraries?

The Distributed System Manager would be useful to see if your variables are deployed and at which side (host pc or RT target)

Can you explain what you exactly mean with the following things?

- debug mode

compiled the release version (are you talking about a RT application)

When you say that it works on another pc, from which of both pc's are deploying the RT executable?

Maybe it could be useful to list the steps your taking to deploy the system.

Also it might be helpful to be able to take a look at your code...

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,437 Views)