LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT Type Cast (To More Specific Class) of Control to Cluster

Hi,

I am trying to find the clusters within a clusters (1 level). My VI works locally, but not deployed on the sbRIO-9602. I have pinned the problem down to the type cast as displayed below. The Ctl-classname property node returns "Cluster", but the Cluster-ClassName node returns blank.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a workaround?

control to cluster typecast.PNG

I am using Labview 2010.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,322 Views)

If this is the same thing I saw back in LV 6i then its a sublt detail that is hitting you.

On a RT system the FP simply do not exist so refs to the object fail. THey will work OK on a windows machine and will work when doing execution highlighting (becuase the FP is loaded for that case).

Wiring through your error cluster and monitoring same may have given you a clue to that effect.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,312 Views)

Indeed, you are correct. "Refnum Not Available For RT"

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,292 Views)

As a possible workaround, see if the "GetClusterInfo" VI found in vi.lib\utility\VariantDataType will get you the information you need.  You feed it a cluster and it returns an array of variants representing each element in that cluster.  You can then use GetTypeInfo, found in the same directory, to get the name and datatype of each element.  This does work on RT.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,285 Views)