LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT Shared Variables deployment failed

We have been using a bench for the past two years that runs on LabView 8.2.1.  We regularly have communcation issues between all of the components that cause us to restart the computer or reset the cFP-2120 controller.  Just today, a similiar problem occured, but once everything was restarted an error that has never happened before popped up at a point in the program where RT data is collected.  It said:

Error -1950679035 Occured at ni_tagger_lv_Read. 

Possible Reasons

Labview: (HEX 0x8BBB0005) Unable to locate variable in the shared variable engine.  Deployment may have failed.

Not knowing what to do, I tried re-deploying the RT startup exe from LabView Project Explorer, but when I did another error occured.  This time the error said "RT Shared variables deployment failed (error: -2147467259, LabView:  (Hex 0x80004005 unspecified error)

I need to know what a possible cause is and what I can do to fix it?  I was reading in other posts that formatting the cFP-2120 can fix some issues, is this one?  If so, as long as I have my RT software and program files, I should be able to restore everything correct?

Any help is appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,728 Views)

Hi there,

It is a great idea to reformat and reinstall software on your Compact FieldPoint in a case like this.  A guide for doing this can be found here:  Reformatting the Internal CompactFlash Memory on Real-Time Controllers (cFP or cRIO)

If you still have issues after formatting and reinstalling please let us know.  Also make sure to write down (or take a screenshot) of the software that you have installed currently on your cFP so that you know what to put back on it after the reformat.

Scott A
SSP Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,716 Views)

Thanks for the help.  I actually purchased the 1 year phone support earlier in the day so that I could have someone walk me through the process.  It worked very well and Debra was very patient and helpful. 

I would recommend making a backup of the cFP bank configuration file (.iak) beforehand.  I did not do this and after the re-format, my I/O bank did not function as expected.  Once I found the configuration file that was located in the project files though, I was able to load it and apply it to the bank. 

Thanks again for responding and thanks to NI for making and supporting such a good product.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,713 Views)

Hello I am sorry I am not replying to this question but I am new to LabView and i am seeking some help and want to post a question but somehow i am not able to post my question can anybody tell me from where i can post my question i m just not finding the direction 😞

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,710 Views)

Hi there, are you able to select "New Message" on the LabVIEW Discussion Forum page?

Also make sure to search the forums for similar topics in case someone had the same issue as yourself.

Scott A
SSP Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,690 Views)

Hi,

My ETS target is having the same problem. I think it is random. Maybe it occurs more often when I start development work.  I'm using LabVIEW RT 10.0.1, Network Variable Engine/Variable Client Support 1.7.1. Any ideas what to do?

Seppo

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,684 Views)

Hello Seppo,

Can you provide a bit more detail on the issue you're seeing? Is it this exact same error:

"Error -1950679035 Occured at ni_tagger_lv_Read. 

Possible Reasons Labview: (HEX 0x8BBB0005) Unable to locate variable in the shared variable engine.  Deployment may have failed."?

Have you tried redeploying and are still seeing the same issue? Or have you actually reformatted the controller (also a cFP-2120?)? Which FieldPoint driver version are you running? I appreciate these extra details as it will help the forum readers troubleshoot your system as well.

Regards,

Deborah Y.

Deborah Burke
NI Hardware and Drivers Product Manager
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,674 Views)

Hello Deborah,

I  think it's the same error as seen in the attachment. If I run again the program, the error is usually gone. So it is not severe, but i would like to  know what to do if rerun is not the solution. My RT target is industrial PC with ETS OS, so it has nothing to do with FieldPoint driver I assume.

Regards,

Seppo

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,664 Views)

Hello Seppo,

Thank you for attaching the screenshot, that helps. Are you by chance using OPC tags on your industrial PC? If so, this Knowledge Base article describes a cause for the error. Check the links to other Knowledge Base articles at the end of this one as well, one references if you are changing your variables programmatically. Another culprit can be the Windows Firewall, do you have it turned off? At what point in running the application does this error appear, at a read/write? Your error typically indicates that the read or write could not be completed because the variable could not be found in the Shared Variable Engine, as it says. It typically occurs if the library containing the variable was just deployed and the read or write operation took place before the variable became available in the system.

Regards,

Deborah Y.

Deborah Burke
NI Hardware and Drivers Product Manager
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,653 Views)