LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RS232 Labview driver for SR830 lockin Amplifier

thanks for all you guys' replies.

Do you think using GPIB-USB-HS converter can do the job? what I meant is using the GPIB driver for sr830, and then instead of buying the GPIB card, I buy the GPIB-USB-HS converter. From that, we can connect sr830 GPIB interface to the computer through the converter. However, I am not sure if the sr830 driver works this way.

Please let me know. thank you

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,801 Views)

You can purchase any GPIB controller you want but if you want to use it with the low level LabVIEW GPIB functions, you need a controller from NI.

Since the driver is so bad, you'll prably have to rewrite it even if you use GPIB.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,786 Views)

Have you looked at the SR850 driver. It is VISA based and better written. I am sure the sr830/850 share many commands, and use the same basic command structure. In any case it is important to read and understand the communication protocol basics. The good thing is that Labview drivers are written in Labview. So you can modify as want. You should start with the basic commands and then let your learning curve decide what to do next.  

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,777 Views)

goto http://iquanta.org/news/ and request the drivers.  using VISA you should be able to configure RS232 to transparently connect and use the SR830 with no problem.  lucas

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,350 Views)