cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESET Button

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I was wondering what would be the best soultion to have a "reset button" for the attached program. I want to ne able to reconnect to the instrument any time the reset button is pressed.

Thank you so much in advance for kind help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,155 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RezaTAMU

Operating under the assumption that by "reset" you mean to reinitialize the connection to the VISA device... Using the current architecture, I would add a new event case that closes the current connection and reinitializes it. See attached.

This can be done a bit more cleanly with a state machine that has "initialize" and "close" cases.

**EDIT** It's very important that you replace the VISA session tunnels on the while loop with a shift register. I've updated the file to reflect this.

**EDIT 2** Looks like the "format string" function which formed the string to close the connection was wired to the "initial string" node instead of the "format string" node. I have fixed this and updated the vi again.

Message 2 of 6
(3,124 Views)

I took a closer look at your string formatting and it occurred to me that there's a bit more in there that needs to be. Assuming the string you want to have at the end is "AMPR -110.000000", all you need to have in the format string is "AMPR %f"

See the attached snippet for a comparison.

Snippet.png

Message 3 of 6
(3,112 Views)

@B_Strange wrote:

I took a closer look at your string formatting and it occurred to me that there's a bit more in there that needs to be. Assuming the string you want to have at the end is "AMPR -110.000000", all you need to have in the format string is "AMPR %f"

I have started using "%#g" for my SCPI drivers.  Adding that '#' in the middle tells the formatter to drop off any trailing 0s.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 6
(3,074 Views)

Thank you so much for kind attentiona nd help!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,052 Views)

Thanks!! 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,051 Views)