LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RC circuit

Hi all,
I am trying to simulate an RC circuit and display both VR and VC on the same chart. I make the time inceases by 0.1 until it reaches the duration specified by the user. the problem is that the resulting plot has the number of samples represented on the X-axis but what I want is the time not the number of samples.
Here what I did.
can anybody help me,please?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,905 Views)
You will want to use the property nodes of the waveform chart to set the x-scale offset and multiplier.  You may even want to set the chart history to an empty array at the beginning of everyone.  Also set the formatting and autoscaling of the axes.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,858 Views)
I tried that, but the problem is still there. Can you help more?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,844 Views)
You do need to set the offset and multiplier and if you want to show relative time (i.e. 00:00:01.1), then right click on the graph and and select X Scale>Formatting. Change the type and the number of digits. If that's not exactly what you want, please be a little more precise in describing exactly what it is that you do want the display to be. Also, a graph would be more appropriate than a chart. You can also post the changes to your VI so that someone can see exactly how you have modified it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,824 Views)

hi

i have wrote my code , but i i couldn't figure out an efficient way for my XY values.

would you be kind enough and give me some insight on how to approche it.

regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,306 Views)

I am not sure exactly what problem you are having. 

Appending your mostly unrelated question to a 7-year old thread is not the best way to get help.

You do not need the for loop. Most numerical and mathematical functions are polymorphic, which means they can accept array inputs as well as scalars.  The values in Array 2 are the same as what you have connected to the X axis except for the datatype.

This looks like it might be a school assignment. We will not do your homework for you but are glad to help you learn to use LV so you can do your own work.

Please be as specific as you can about what you think the problem is. For loops are quite efficient for most array processing. How are you defining "eficiency"?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,294 Views)

hi johnsold

i am working hard to do this exercice, so much so that i have changed it to this vi below'. i want to know what i am doing wrong but i definitely want to do my homework .

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,281 Views)

Apparently when you edited your last post the attachment was removed.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,270 Views)

yes i did .

i didn't want every one who wants his homework done to copy it , but i did send it to your email lynn.

would you be kind enough and give me some feed back please.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,262 Views)