From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Drop Menu Hiding from View

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I am using LabVIEW 2009 SP1.

I was recently using LabVIEW 2009 and had no issues.  Then updated to SP1 and I can no longer see the Quick Drop.  I have checked its binding and it's correct.  I even know it's working.  I open up the quick drop, just type "FILE" and click the block diagram and wahlah, File Dialog appears.  That's not what I want of course, just proving that it works.  But I cannot see the menu anywhere.  No amount of "Alt Tab" shows the menu.  I find myself a woefully lacking developer without quick drop visibility.  Please help.  

PS. I have not found any known issues regarding this on NI's website.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,889 Views)
Solution
Accepted by DailyDose

With LabVIEW not running, I would go into the LabVIEW.ini file and search for an entry called QuickDropPosition.  Then delete that line.  When LabVIEW reloads and you activate QuickDrop, it should be located in the center of the main monitor.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(1,872 Views)

That did the trick.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,852 Views)

If it happens in the future I believe F3 will center the quick drop window on your main monitor.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 4 of 4
(1,850 Views)