From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Interrupted VISA

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everybody,

I now there are lots of questions about the query interrupted in LabVIEW and I find anything, so I post here. I have a spectrum analyzer (R&S FSP) and I download the LabVIEW's drivers to use it. So I create a program to measure the noise and I had a problem of precision so I place on my program a VISA Write and VISA Read to have the result and it's work, but if I place an other block of the drivers, and after a VISA Write and a VISA Read, I have a problem of query interrupted, so if you have any idea about this, it will be great, there is a picture of this in the attachment,

sorry for my english,

Regards,

Flo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,825 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Flod29

Assuming that the termination character is turned on, you might not be reading enough characters.  Set the bytes to read to something a lot larger (like 25) and let the termination character (usually an End Of Line character) stop the VISA Read instead of the number of bytes.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(7,808 Views)

Exactly Tim!

If you look close the VISA Read is throwing a warning.  "More Data may be available" I Bet!  And that silly R&S implementation of 488 throws a custom error when you try to speak to it when it wanted to say some more.

It is rather rude to talk over the device but, the instrument should have thicker skin and behave better.  

Let the read end with the EOI/Term character and all will be better

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 3 of 4
(7,796 Views)

Thank you very much, It works perfectly, I put 25 for the number of octet,

Regards,

Flo

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(7,766 Views)