LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quadratic Programming Warm Start

Hi,

I would like to know how to provide the initial guess for both Lagrange multipliers and the solution. It says there warm start will use the previous one, however, I need the previous one in a shifted version since I am doing Model Predictive Control (MPC) and I am recalculating based on the fact that I have already implemented the decision u(k) so at the next sample I will be calculating u(k+1), thus both the Lagrange multipliers as well as the solution must be shifted and the final u(k+Nu) its duplicated like in the Real-Time Iteration (RTI) Scheme, otherwise is nonsense.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate.

Regards,

Oscar

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,621 Views)

Hello MPControl

Have you checked the examples included in LabVIEW? Try searching for Quadratic in the example finder (located in Help > Find Examples) and selecting some of the example VIs to see if any one of theese fit your needs.

Regards.

Fernando Becerra | Field Applications Engineer | National Instruments | CLA | CTD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,560 Views)

Hi,

I searched for quadratic and the only examples I got were for LQG and LQR and non of them were using the Quadratic Program.vi. I also searched for MPC in the examples and so far couldn't find any of them using that particular VI and in my case, non of the MPC programs help since I am doing NMPC for which you have no examples. 

I also searched for examples in the Quadratic Program.vi help window but there are non.

Is there any documentation specifying the name or nature of the methods that you are using for this Quadratic Program vi? Or is there a way to include qpOASES library which is in C++ to use it? https://projects.coin-or.org/qpOASES

Regards,

Oscar

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,544 Views)

Hi There, did anybody find a way how to include qpoases in LabVIEW? Thanks, Sirko

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,546 Views)

@Sir.K.O. wrote:

Hi There, did anybody find a way how to include qpoases in LabVIEW? Thanks, Sirko

I don't know if there exits a LabView implementation of  qpOASES

But as there is still no example in "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 20xx\examples\Mathematics\Optimization" for the Quadratic Programming.vi

- someone might find this helpful:

In the Machine Learning Toolkit, the Qudaratic Programming.vi (Interior Points) is used to train a Support Vector Machine -

more important, the toolkit does include a demo which shows how to use it:

alexderjuengere_0-1620421995885.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,518 Views)