LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pxie 5105 on board memory allocation

Is it possible to acquire and record at 60Ms/s per each Channel in Pxie 5105?How does memory per each channel is allocated in Pxie 5105?

RAVITEJA S

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,365 Views)

According to the published specifications for this board, it does, indeed, acquire up to 8 channels at 60 MHz.  The board comes in two configurations -- 128MB and 512MB.  They both seem to have the same part number -- see if the board has anything written on it about memory size.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,362 Views)

I have used a Propert Node for Scope to check the On Board Memory and I have found it as 128MB on board memory for the module.I want to know how much memory is allocated per each channel whether it allocates 16MB per each channel or based on channel Count memory is allocated?My Application is getting struck if i use more than 10MS/S per each channel

RAVITEJA S

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,360 Views)

It would really help if you post your code!  [Don't post just a picture of the Block Diagram, please ...].

The A/D has a 12-bit width, so 1 sample takes 2 bytes.  If you have 128MB of memory, you can hold 64M samples, or 8M samples for 8 channels.  If you are sampling at 60MHz, I would make the sample size 6M (or a fraction thereof) to simplify the reconstruction of the time course of your sampling (you'll get a bunch of data every 0.1 sec, or at a rate of 10Hz, and you better have a Producer/Consumer architecture to get the samples out of the acquisition loop).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,320 Views)

The Attachment Contains the Sample Code of Scope.Here I am Synchronizing the modules using back plane.The trigger is generated by using the 6683 module

RAVITEJA S

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,307 Views)