From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putty SSH CMD

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everybody

I hope someone can help me with my problem.

I'm trying to check the communication between imx and z-wave for the bump test. SSH is used for the communication.

With the SSH connection, which I have already worked up, except for the command "hexdump -C / dev / ttymxc1" because teststand is running in a RuntimError.

Since it works with Putty, I wanted to do it with Putty.

Login works but then I can not send commands.

How can I send the commands after login and read the answers?

Many thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,732 Views)

System exec is a command line - allows to run a program, wait till it is done and get the reply. Or if you do not wait till it is done, you do not get answer. 

Can you open command line and execute the string you are sending in LabVIEW? Not putty terminal, windows command line.

If you want programs to communicate, they need some program interface, user terminal will not work.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,676 Views)

Thanks for your answer, that helped me.
I see that wath I want this not works. I will try with program interface. Do you know a program interface whitch can that?Many thanks for you help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,638 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author micmai

Labvolution has a LabSSH library you can try using.  I ended up doing something similar, except I just used the Rensi SSH .NET assembly directly without an in-between .NET assembly.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,615 Views)

I know it has been years regarding this issue. Wonderding have you figured out how to send in command? I have the same issue now. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(378 Views)

@yuntan wrote:

I know it has been years regarding this issue. Wonderding have you figured out how to send in command? I have the same issue now. Thanks.

LabVIEW 2021 or later supports SSH natively.

See LabVIEW Tools for SSH and SFTP

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(373 Views)