LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse ON/OFF - digital outputs

I have this application where I need to turn ON a digital output for like 50ms or 100ms and turn it OFF. I call it Pulse COntrol 🙂

Here is an attachment jpg that shows how I am achieving it.

Another question if I may regarding loop timing. I have a while loop which iterates at 100ms. I choose a certain part of the program and make it a Subvi to clean the program to look more readable. Will the program still run at 100ms per iteration? For example, I have an equation that calculates a valuve from a analog input. To make the program clearer, I put the calculation into a subvi and send info and receive info through subvi panes. Will this affect the loop timing? I hope my question is clearer.

My program does a lot more than just calculate a value, hence wondering. THANKS!

vj

I may not be perfect, but I'm all I got!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,378 Views)

Yes, using subVIs keep the timing the same. The used subVIs in your system are called during compiling the diagram in the same manner as if their blocks physically existing.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,340 Views)

hey VeeJay, 

did you want suggestions for how to do your Pule Control a different way, or were you satisfied with the way you have it implemented in the code you sent a pdf of? thanks!

~kgarrett

District Sales Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,324 Views)

Mine works fine! I would like to see easier implementation or is there?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,316 Views)

haha if you are satisfied with the way yours works, let's not mess with a good thing 🙂 I was just going to point you toward some LabVIEW examples, but yours works just fine!

~kgarrett

District Sales Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,299 Views)

Haha sure. I don't give myself enough credit most of the time. I assume what I have done is mediocre and there is always an opportunity to do it better.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,295 Views)

hello,

I want to know how can we on/off a digital output signal

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(1,992 Views)

Did you look at the picture in the first message?

Also, look at examples in Help >> Find Examples....   related to digital output.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(1,988 Views)

I tried it but I could not able to achieve it. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(1,980 Views)

Then start a new thread (this one is 10 years old).

Post whatever VI you have attempted and explain where you are stuck.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(1,971 Views)