LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing cRio data on a webserver

Solved!
Go to solution

So I do have the program showing me data on a web browser. The only thing is, it only allows me to do so. Anyone else in the office, regardless of whether they have LabView installed or not, can't see the panel. We just get an error saying "Missing plugin" but no options to resolve the matter. Any clues as to why that might be? The access list is set to * to allow users to bother view and control the program. 

Which leads me to the second item: I can't click on any of the icons even in my browser. We have several tabs and I would like to be able to move around them, but the panel is like a real-time image with no option to interact with it. 

Thanks for the help! So excited this is finally getting somewhere for us 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(791 Views)

You can install the plugin by installing the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine. You need the version that matches the one used to build the application. The Run-Time Engine is available for download on the NI site, and there are two versions - a minimal one that is sufficient for interacting with applications through the web plugin, and a full one that includes more libraries. Either version will install the web browser plugin. You also need to make sure that plugin is enabled, and it may not work in all browsers. I always use Internet Explorer because I like to leave my Firefox install clean of plugins, but Firefox should work too, don't know about others.

As for the ability to control the front panel, try right-clicking and see if you get a menu with a Request Control option. Or, in the web publishing tool, check the option to request control when a connection is established.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(781 Views)

First of all, check out and understand the links that have been already provided.

Have the other users try to connect to the device using the "NI Web-based configuration & monitoring" utility which, for me, just requires me to enter the IP address (as in 192.168.84.199 ) of the cRIO into the browser (try FF, IE & Chrome) address bar. If this works for them then the problem lies elsewhere.  If this does not work for them then I would suspect that a firewall or network partitioning problem. I have spent many hours getting Windows firewalls to allow NI traffic through them.

Configuring Software and Hardware Firewalls to Support National Instruments Products

What Ports Do I Need to Open on My Firewall for National Instruments Software Products?

I can and do interact with the controls on my remote panel. When you setup the remote front panel within the project ( 2013 Project Explorer --> Tools --> Web Publishing Tool... ) you can specify whether the web page is embedded or static and whether or not it's read-only or read/write.  Finally don't expect to use event structures with your RT front-panel controls, they won't work. You need to do the coding so that your VI polls the controls and acts on changes.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(778 Views)