LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PtbyPt editing with global variable?

I tried what you suggested but the counter increments way too fast...I'm obviously missing something! I've attach the Vi if you can take a look. Stress state.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(581 Views)

Hi Gary,

which one of your several counters doesn't work correctly?

Are you sure you need to use ExpressVIs to index an element from an array?

Are you sure you have to create multple data copies from the same waveform/data?

Do you really need all those local variables?

Are you sure it's a good idea to delete the label of a control? Did you ever wrote programs in a text-based language and had variables named ""?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 12 of 17
(569 Views)
I edited the pt2pt and got the functionality I was looking for. Thank you guys for the insight and solutions!
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(558 Views)

what can I do to avoid the use of so many local variables?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(545 Views)

@glskinner wrote:
I edited the pt2pt and got the functionality I was looking for. Thank you guys for the insight and solutions!

You DID save it as something else, didn't you?  Else, you have just made your VI incompatible with everyone else's LabVIEW installations.

[edit] This was about the worst "solution" you could have chosen.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 15 of 17
(541 Views)

I didn't edit the VI itself. I just copyed the code and implemented it into mine. I changed the greater than and less than zero functions to target my offset.

"Standing on the shoulders of giants"

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(535 Views)

@glskinner wrote:

I didn't edit the VI itself. I just copyed the code and implemented it into mine. I changed the greater than and less than zero functions to target my offset.

"Standing on the shoulders of giants"

Whew - then it's not nearly so bad.  😉

Still, I think you could definitely benefit from following some of the tutorials on this site.  It really was much simpler than modifying the code to suit your needs.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 17 of 17
(525 Views)