From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple inputs to Microsoft Office Report VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to process multiple speadsheets into excel via the use of the Microsoft Office Report VI. Basically I have two spreadsheets of three variables each. Each variable has multiple measurements. When I try and use the VI with one spreadsheet individually, the VI works as intended and pastes the data into an excel template after the measurements are taken. I've tested both and they both will work. When I try and put both inputs into the VI, it opens excel briefly but then closes and does not work as intended. There are no error messages. I've attached an example of what I want to do. Is there a bug with the VI not letting you "Paste" two spreadsheets into Excel?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...I'm about at my wits end trying to figure this out!,

Konrad

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,249 Views)

Also, In my template I have the two named values on different tabs. However I also tested putting both the named addresses on the same tab to see if that was what was causing the problem with the VI-Excel template transfer.

Konrad

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,241 Views)

Hi Konrad,

Have you tried using the Excel Get Worksheet VI to set the current worksheet before writing? You could select Sheet 1, then write one set of values, then select Sheet 2 and write the second. I hope this helps!

David S.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,208 Views)

I haven't looked at that yet. Would I be able to input the data into a template at specific places? The reason why I'm using the express VI for MS office right now is that I can link it to a named range in the excel template and have the data automatically plugged into the correct fields in my sheets.

Konrad

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,203 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author niedk

Hi Konrad, 

You can specify a template to use with the normal VIs as well. This will allow you to do similar things to what you're doing now. Take a look at this example, which writes graphs to two seperate sheets of an Excel document using a specified template file. 

David S.
Message 5 of 5
(2,180 Views)