LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property Node and String Ring

So apologies for being a total LabNOOB, but I am trying to figure out how to use a property node, and since I am still pretty new to labVIEW programming, I am having some difficulties understanding the info in that link since there are no examples.

What I want is a string ring control (like the one below) on the front panel, where the options you can choose from change throughout the execution of the program, and are generated by the property node.

string ring.JPG

Some of the things I am still pretty unsure about:

There are a truck load of "classes," I am not sure which one I need for this

Also it says in the link above "The Property Node automatically adapts to the class of the object that you reference," I see the reference input/output terminals, but I am not sure what the "reference object" is, i.e. in my case would the reference object be the front panel string ring I want it to format?  If so I cannot simply wire it in and let it auto-adapt to the correct class, I always end up with a broken wire icon.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,651 Views)

Right-click on the control (on the front panel) or on the terminal (on the block diagram) and select Create -> Property Node.

You will get a property node that is directly linked to the control, so you don't need to wire a reference to it.

Alternatively, you could place a property node onto the block diagram from the palette, then right click on it and select Link To ->

then navigate to the desired control.

Message 2 of 3
(3,646 Views)

Error1.PNG

In 1000 words.  Anternately you could Create Referance from the terminal and wire it to a Property node

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 3 of 3
(3,645 Views)