From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properties box does not appear

I recently upgraded from 6.1 to 7.1. Everything is working fine with DAQ and Motion Control. Today, I noticed some formatting issues with some controls and indicators. When I right click, the short cut appears but if I click on "Formatting and Precision" or "Data Range" I get the hour glass for a few seconds, then a circle with a cross through it "x". Please help
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,265 Views)
Hi, p75formula.

At first glance, it sounds like a file somewhere has become corrupted. However, before I tell you to uninstall and reinstall LabVIEW, I'd like to see if we can narrow this down a bit more. What controls exhibit this behavior? Is it all of them, perhaps only controls from a certain palette, or just a specific control (and other controls of the same type work without problems)?

Also, a screenshot may help if possible. I know the mouse cursor disappears when a screenshot is taken, so that may not be a feasible way to demonstrate the unusual behavior.

Let me know. Have a nice weekend!
Sarah K.
Search PME
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,241 Views)
It actually was all of them. I couldn't get a properties box to open for any front panel item.

I reinstalled this morning and it fixed it. Everything is working fine and the program is doing its thing right now.

Thanks for the reply though.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,236 Views)