cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project file location

Solved!
Go to solution

Greetings All,

I was given a large LabVIEW project to modify. 🙂 When opening the *.lvproj file, project manager cannot find 3 VIs.

I found the 3 files here:
..\NI Report Customized\NIReport.llb\Standard Report\NI_Standard Report_Customized.lvclass

The project tries to load from here:
..\NI Report Customized\printing\ReportDocExtensions.llb\Standard Report

Locating the correct files and saving the project doesn't change the behavior. The next time I load the project it asks for the location of the 3 files all over again. 😞

Any clues as to what I'm not doing correctly?

Running LabVIEW 2018 Ver. 18.0.1f4 (32-bit) on Win10 64-bit laptop.

Thankyousomuch!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,040 Views)

More information...

This appears to be just the tip of the iceberg. When mass compiling the project folder, I get nearly 500 PAGES of errors.

My colleage gets just over 2 pages performing a mass compile on the same folder! He's running LV 2018 f2 and I'm running V18.0.1f4.  Maybe this will make more sense on Monday...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,001 Views)

@jmsands wrote:

Greetings All,

I was given a large LabVIEW project to modify. 🙂 When opening the *.lvproj file, project manager cannot find 3 VIs.

..\NI Report Customized\NIReport.llb\Standard Report\NI_Standard Report_Customized.lvclass

Locating the correct files and saving the project doesn't change the behavior. The next time I load the project it asks for the location of the 3 files all over again. 😞

Did you save any of the changed VI's so that they'll be able to find those files at the new locations?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(982 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

@jmsands wrote:

Greetings All,

Did you save any of the changed VI's so that they'll be able to find those files at the new locations?

The File > Save All (Ctrl-Shift-S) can help with this. Maybe try doing that if you haven't?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(977 Views)

I'm uninstalling/reinstalling LabVIEW and components to see if that fixes the huge number of mass compile errors.

Thanks for your response.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(922 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jmsands

The project folder was corrupt. After getting a fresh copy and starting over, the number of mass compile errors was only a few dozen that I was able to easily repair.Sorry for not trying that right away.

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(878 Views)

Yes, I did this. It ended up being a corrupt project folder.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(871 Views)

Yes, I tried this. It ended up being a corrupt project folder.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(870 Views)