LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programme does not work correctly when built as an application

My programme operates correctly when in development, but when built into an application it fails to function with regard to closing and opening front panels. I am using 'open VI referance' and 'property node virtual instrument Front panel open' to close and open front panel, it is this area that seems to fail.
Do I have to do anything special with VI's that contain Server Functions?

Any help would be appreciated. I am using LABview 5.0 with its Application Builder.
Many Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,330 Views)
Hi Dennis,
It is very difficult to understand the problem here.

1. Could you please explain what you mean when you say "it fails to function with regard to closing and opening front panels" ?

2. It may also help if you can attach your program so that I can take a look at it.

3. What is the program intended to do?? I mean, is it some sort of serial application etc.??

I hope to solve your problem soon.

Sincerely,
Sastry V
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,330 Views)
I would suspect that there is something wrong with the path you are using to open the vi reference. If you are using the "Current VI's Path" constant be aware that it will return the application name in the path.

A look at your code, or a better explaination of what exactly is happening, error codes, etc would help us to solve your problem better.

Brian
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,330 Views)