Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically download saved file from RIO

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Friends,

I need some help.

I have to transfer a jpeg file from crio to PC programmatically.

I can transfer this jpeg file via MAX or FTP get file vi.

Once I deployed this code to crio, it won't transfer the jpeg file to my PC.

Thanks for help.

Regards,

Ashokan. M

Ocean Acoustics,
National Institute of Ocean Technology,
Chennai, India - 600100.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,387 Views)

Hi Ashokan,

could you be a bit more specific on what you did and how did you do it? Including the vi you used would also help.

Harry

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,379 Views)

Ashokan,

If I'm understanding you correctly you're trying to write code to FTP from the cRIO to your PC to get a file? Is that correct? You probably need to set up a FTP server on your PC. The cRIO runs a FTP server already so you don't need to configure anything but if you want the cRIO to access files on your PC you need to setup a FTP server on your PC. 

A popular ftp client is Filezilla and I believe they have a free ftp server software. You can try them if you would like.

You're already running a ftp server on the crio why don't you just have a triggered VI on your computer watch a network shared variable and then the PC connects to the cRIO to grab or send the jpeg to the cRIO?

Kyle Hartley
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,368 Views)

Hi Kyle Hartley,

Sorry for late reply.

Yes you are correct, I am trying to write a code to FTP to transfer files from cRIO to PC programmatically (automatically).

How can I make a triggered VI???

Could you please explain this term?

--------------------------------------

Thanks & Regards,

Ashokan. M

Ocean Acoustics,
National Institute of Ocean Technology,
Chennai, India - 600100.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,346 Views)

If you simply want to download files from RIO to your local machine via FTP, then a look at the start of this discussion would have solved your problem.

Have a look at the example attached here (version 2009). I believe this is pretty much what you are looking for.. Make sure you run this vi from the local machine, otherwise it will not work properly.

Harry

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,341 Views)

Ashokan,

I shouldn't have used the term trigger but basically you could poll a network shared variable that when the shared variable is high it tell the host computer vi to request a specific file so the host vi then executes the ftp commands to get the file from the rt target. When the task is done have the host vi set the shared variable to low. 

If you really wanted to be proper you could setup a sort of handshaking protocol with shared variables.

This was the first idea I had at the time.

Kyle Hartley
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,326 Views)