cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically download saved file from RIO

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is anyway to programmatically download a saved file from RIO to the local host machine. I am post-processing large amounts of binary data and it seems that RIO cannot cope with it (runs out of memory, crashes etc)..

Thanks for your time,

Harry

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(4,186 Views)

Hi Harry,

as fas as i know the cRIO is running a FTP Server. You can use it to get your data.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(4,177 Views)

Thanks Mike S81,

I found that FTP Get File.vi but I still have some problems...

I keep on getting Error 15425 - FTP Transaction:425 Connection error from the error out plus Error 6 - EOF from the file error out...I looked up for this error but I did not find a straight answer on what is causing it..

Any suggestions??

I am sure I have used correct inputs for password, user and host for the FTP Get File.vi.. I am not sure whether the port is the default one (i.e. 21). Also tried 3537 (my VISA Server Port) but in this case the vi does not give anything, it just runs without stopping so I guess this means that it is trying to connect to a non-existent port???

Thanks a lot,

Harry

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(4,171 Views)

Hi Harry,

the port should be 21. Did you check the connection with the explorer? With ftp://youripaddress you should also be able to connect to your cRIO. If this works, then it should also be possible with the FTP Get File.vi.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(4,166 Views)

Mike,

thanks again for the reply..

I can connect to the RIO as you suggested and I can also connect to and download files manually by going to Measurement and Automation Explorer - File Transfer!!

My problems seem to appear only when I try to connect to it programmatically using the FTP Get File.vi

I noticed there are a couple of people in this forum that also had this problem but it seems that they weren't able to reach to a solution. Maybe I am next

Cheers,

Harry

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(4,162 Views)

Hi Harry,

attached you'll find an example to list and download files.

Hope it helps.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(4,156 Views)

Mike,

thanks a lot for the information.. Using your method I was able to connect and read the files inside the directory. But when it reaches the copy list of files function it keeps on saying that it cannot find or open the .txt file I am trying to move (although it is there, as confirmed by the list files vi). I checked my RIO settings but it seems that I DO have access permissions enabled. I ll keep on playing with it, I am sure I must be missing a detail.

Thanks again,

Harry

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(4,146 Views)

Mike,

one last thing.. I managed to sort out all the open file errors etc, but, surprisingly, instead of being transferred to my local machine, the file is just transferred to the top of the RIO dir tree... I tried some different variations and I keep on getting the same.. 

Please, whenever you have the time, have a check on the attached vi...

Thanks a lot mate and sorry for wasting your time..

Harry

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(4,135 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author charmand79

Hi Harry,

this vi should run on your pc, where you want to get the files, not on the cRIO as it looks like from the project path.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(4,119 Views)

Mike,

you are my man.. I also updated the solution to my other post..

Thanks a million mate..

Harry

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(4,111 Views)