LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically detect a value change event

I agree with Felix. Without knowing what is already involved in your current vi it seems like all you need is a producer/consumer loop, where the producer loop is polling your hardware and sending to the consumer loop. The only reason i have posted and example of an architecture where you have a daq loop that sends some data to your main loop is that from what you have previously said it seems as though you already have an architecture that is using a event structure in a main loop in which you need to get this data too. Can you perhaps explain more what you actually need, maybe post some of your program. Anyway, i have re-written slightly the example i wrote earlier to better match your example of what you want. I have attached all the files below. Try the example 2 vi i've attached. You may have to link some of the vi's that i have attached in a seperate folder as i just dropped them into the main folder before sending. If this is what you need to get it working with what you have then this should point you in the right direction. As felix is suggesting though, it sounds like you need a simple producer/consumer loop to handle what you need.

Let us know how you get on. I would also suggest looking at the link Felix has posted as its very useful.

Rgs,

Lucither.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Everything should be made as simple as possible but no simpler"
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 21
(1,069 Views)