LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically change Font of Array Index

Would anyone happen to have any suggestions for Tabs?  This one I know is a little tricker because you have to break it down from Pages.  But how do I access the font of the actual page name?

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(1,148 Views)

Dang, that's a pain.... If you can set it as part of the config file like suggested, that may be the only option.

Alternatively, you can make your own XControl for that too. I actually made my current application work this way. I use booleans to switch the tabs because I wanted the booleans to be shifted over and look nicer. I hide the actual tabs when run and rely on the event structure to watch the booleans.See below:

Tabs.PNG

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(1,142 Views)

Remote Panels completely ignore application.ini settings.  I've learned, though, that these settings can be made in an .ini file called iexplore.ini placed within your Internet Explorer directory.  The problem here is that I can't go around putting this file on everyone's Computer.

Your suggestion of Buttons instead of Tabs is a good one.  But then, if I do that, I can't help but ask myself, "Why use Tabs at all?"  But I guess the answer to that is it's still better than programming each indicator/control to hide/unhide.  Still though, I'm confused why this Font Option is not availabe in the property nodes.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(1,130 Views)

I think maybe an Idea Exchange post is due for this. I think the missing font properties in this thread are just an oversight by NI because they didn't expect users to want to change those specific fonts. It is a small niche requirement.

Another benefit of the tab control along with the buttons is the decorations in each tab. My tabs each have a bar (seen above) below each button, but within each corresponding tab. This bar acts as a kind of highlight for the button to instill to the user that they are indeed in that tab.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(1,127 Views)

Old thread, but i wrestled with this yesterday and found a solution: If you drop a control ref, you can link it to the string control inside an array, and easily change the font.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(612 Views)