LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically Set FPS using NI-IMAQ with a GigE Camera?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I am learning (slowly) how to make LabVIEW play nicely with the GigE cameras I just purchased.

At this point, I am trying to figure out how to programmatically set the fps value for the camera.  I have been using the NI-IMAQdx examples to control the cameras up till now, but I am open to trying anything.  Does anyone have a good example of how I can change the frame rate "on the fly?"

My next task will be to figure out how to change the size of the image on the screen programmatically, so if anyone has ideas for me down that path, I would appreciate them as well.

Many Thanks,

FB

Forbes Black
Lapsed CLAD, LV 5 - LV 2022 (Yeah, I'm that old...)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,039 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author diarmaede

I figured it out:

1.  Use the IMAQdx Open Camera vi to open the camera

2.  Use the "Enumerate Attributes" function in the NI-IMAQdx pallette to see all available attributes

3.  Using step 2, above, I was able to find the attribute, "AcquisitionFrameRateAbs" attribute

4.  Create a property node from the output of the open camera VI, choose "Camera Attributes," select "Active Attribute."

5.  Set the property node to "Change all to Write"

6.  Wire a constant string value of "AcquisitionFrameRateAbs" attributeinto the property node

7.  Create another "Camera Attributes" property node, this time selecting "Value" and setting the type to DBL

8.  Change all to write

9.  Create a numeric control for your frame rate

10.  Wire the numeric control to the "ValueDBL" property node.

Presto!  You are done.

Forbes Black
Lapsed CLAD, LV 5 - LV 2022 (Yeah, I'm that old...)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,033 Views)