From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically Configuring I/O C Series Modules

Hello all

I am using a cRIO controller (cRIO 9063) with two c Series modules for voltage I/O (NI-9263 and NI-9205). I am trying to implement a way to configure different aspects of the setup (like range, output amplitude, etc.). I am using FPGA interface mode. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,213 Views)

Please tell us a bit more about what you are trying to achieve.

You can do things with bitfiles to switch things up but you have to plan ahead and it is not something done on the fly.

Spoiler
And if were not for this spoiler, not one mention of a cat in or out of a box.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,181 Views)

Thank you for your response. I have made a HMI to allow the user to set various aspects of the cRIO modules such as the amplitude of the output signal, the range the input module is to look within, etc. These are basic aspects of the modules that I assumed could be programmatically implemented. My plan is to take the user entered data from the HMI through the RT controller to the FPGA VI, where I have configured it such that the c-series modules respond to the user specifications (the modules output a voltage that is the same amplitude as what was input on the HMI, the module's input range is the range specified by the user on the HMI, etc.). Any help is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,149 Views)